Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"There's always next year"

If there is one phrase I've never particularly cared for it's "there's always next year". Unfortunately, that's what I've been relegated to saying with my beloved Calgary Flames being knocked out tonight by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

I have to give the Ducks full dollar for what they've done. They played hard and got the goaltending needed to pull it off.

The Flames, looking to next year, will have to try and acquire some more scoring depth. They've got a great team, but admittedly had great difficulty finding more than one person to fill the opposition net. That needs to be addressed in the off season.

Go Edmonton. Go Ottawa. Either way, I hope a Canadian team can hoist the cup in a few weeks time.

For now though, "there's always next year".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Symbol for Choking

Mack said...

Gah! Chad! You fell into that nationalist trap:

"Either way, I hope a Canadian team can hoist the cup in a few weeks time."

For me it's simple:

NHL=City vs. City

International=Country vs. Country

I don't see a reason to get all Us vs Them about the NHL...

Walter Schultz said...

A pretty good team, however they rode Kiprusoff to much during the year. He won them some close ones, but the rest of team couldn't pull through when it counted.

I think they have a lot of building to do during the offseason.

Woosang said...

Wait a minute Chad... You call yourself a Flames fan...yet you are cheering for Edmonton?

That's like Red Sox fans cheering for Yankees just because Yankees are playing Jays...

Shame on you!

Anonymous said...

Chad,

What is the difference between the Flames and a bra?



A bra has two cups