Friday, July 07, 2006

World Cup Final Prediction

I went 1 for 2 in the World Cup semi-finals, so now I have credibility. Okay, maybe that's a stretch, but I'm making my pick for the finals anyway.

As much as I am not a fan of the Italian squad, I have to admit they have looked more than solid in their recent games. Their defense first play has worked like a charm, and timely goals have led to well earned victories.

France is a team of elders, filled with experience and a number of 30-somethings. They have shown that they can use their heads to win games, although their bodies might not be able to provide a flashy run-and-gun offense of years ago.

My prediction:



Italy will be too much to handle for the French - they'll win it 2-0.

1 comment:

opinionator777 said...

Chad,

I have to disagree with you on this one. I really like the French 'keeper (Barthez). Also, their present and past stars have been brilliant at times (Zidane and Henry). My prediction for the Constellation game b/w Germany and Portugal is Germany 3-2 in extra time.