Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Ducks are going to be roasted

The playoffs begin on Friday, and my Calgary Flames are taking on the streaking Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to take a team seriously that's named after an Emilio Estevez coached fictional team of kids. This is of course the NHL so despite the crest on their jerseys this is a real team, and a possible threat.

Calgary has had some trouble with the Ducks recently, winning only 1 of their last 13 games at the Pond in Anaheim. Still, with Hart Trophy contender Miikka Kiprusoff coming off two straight shutouts, and Iginla's clutch playoff presence, I don't see how they could go wrong.

My prediction: Flames in 6.

4 comments:

Woosang said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging my friend...

Oh and Mighty Ducks will destroy Flamers and Kiprusuck. :p

BL said...

Calgary might go a ways, but Detroit will take the Cup.

Anonymous said...

BTW, what's the problem with the NHL? Scheduling the Flames game the same time as Oilers? What's up with that? There are 4 Canadian teams. CBC could've double headers every night, Eastern game first then Western game.

Let's just say that not all BCians choose Flames over Oilers.

Chad Pederson said...

I agree with Dave about the scheduling, but I was just happy to see that in B.C. they are showing the Calgary game!