Monday, April 09, 2007

On to the playoffs!

With a loss by the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night, my Calgary Flames clinched the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. (Although they didn't fair too well against the Avalanche in their game Sunday night, many of Calgary's stars were resting up for the Stanley Cup run.)

I had the luxury of watching my Calgary Flames down the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 last weekend at GM Place. Taking in the game with a number of friends was certainly a treat, and it was made all the more so by the Flames win. Had they lost I'm sure the razzing I would have received would have been horrible!

I'll have more to say on the playoffs soon, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

BL said...

"If they do make it in, expect a 7th or 8th finish."

"lowly Vancouver Canucks"

Sorry Chad, wrong on both counts. These Canucks aren't your so called "floaters" of old.

And don't worry, there will be plenty of time for razzing soon enough.

See you in the second round.

opinionator777 said...

too bad they couldn't forfeit the games that were meaningless on Sunday