Sunday, April 29, 2007

Killer squirrel?

I played my first round of the golf season this weekend at Vancouver's Fraserview Golf Club. It was an up and down day, but I was fairly pleased with my play.

I recently purchased a new R5 Taylor Made driver and it really agreed with my swing. There's a little rust still to wipe off in my game, but it was a great start to the year.

As for the killer squirrel...

As I prepared to tee off on the 8th hole a squirrel came down from a tree and ran towards me. Within moments, it was only a few feet away from me on the other side of my golf bag. I looked at him, he looked at me. After a few seconds had passed I jokingly asked him "what's up?". At that moment he went up on his hind legs and gave me the look you see in this posting. He even held it long enough for me to grab my camera and take this shot. Either he was challenging me to a fight or he was trying to intimidate me. Either way, it makes for a good photo.

Thanks to my friend Woosang for joining me on the course. Lots of fun, we'll do it again.

4 comments:

Woosang said...

Yeah, it was lots of fun and we should go play again sometime soon.

Happy to hear that you like your new driver. I've never thought that you would buy any Taylor Made products. I always thought you were a Callaway fan.

Now, you are using a Taylor Made driver and I might end up using Callaway clubs when I've been a Taylor Made fan... Kinda interesting.

Walter Schultz said...

Help me out here....is the killer squirrel the one on the left or the one on the right?

BL said...

Maybe he's related to this guy

Chad Pederson said...

Brandon, now that's funny. I'm glad it wasn't that one!