Tuesday, May 08, 2007

NHL Playoffs - Conference Finals

I went 3 for 4 with my Round 2 predictions for the NHL Playoffs. After going 7 for 8 in Round 1, my overall record has risen to 10 for 12. Not too bad at all.

Here are my predictions for the Conference Finals...

The Western Conference:

(1) Detroit Red Wings vs (2) Anaheim Ducks
Thoughts: Some people wonder if age will be an issue in this epic battle. After all, the Red Wings roster has the oldest average age in the NHL. Yes, age will be an issue - but not in the way that you think. The Red Wings to take advantage of the Duck's youth and inexperience.
Pick: Red Wings in 6-games.

The Eastern Conference:

(1) Buffalo Sabres vs (4) Ottawa Senators
Thoughts: The Sabres have had the most wins in the NHL the last two years. That has to count for something.
Pick: Sabres in 7-games.

3 comments:

MB said...

9-3 so far, 6-2 first round and 3-1 second round. I'm 0-2 in series involving Detroit, yet haven't learned my lesson- I'm still picking the Ducks in six.

opinionator777 said...

looks like your way off with your sens-sabres prediction

BL said...

Well, the Sabres still technically could take it in 7.

Won't happen, but it's still theoretically possible.